Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Father's love letter

Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Have you ever looked in the mirror feeling that you are the ugliest person in the world? Having the perfect shape of eyes, sharp pointed nose, small thin lips, sharp cheekbones are the desirable features that every girl wants. But you always wish that you looked different. Maybe a little taller, small hips or thighs. The list never seem to end. Even super models seems to be preoccupied by their own looks. Imperfections of their body, legs, hips. It seems that most of us, in varying degrees, are unsatisfied of our own looks and body. For some of us, it might be physical dissatisfaction, while for others it might be that we are not smart enough, not sociable enough, not talented enough, etc. Our society has plant in a believe that we must have all those features and height to look beautiful, or we must get at least 80 marks for our exams to be considered as smart. These expectations had already become the "standard" of the society. No matter how hard we try to reach those standards to gain love and acceptance, I'm afraid it will always elude us. I learnt that, true love and acceptance does not come from changing yourself. According to psalms 139, we are already loved just the way we are. Once i asked God, " Dad, why did you created me looking like this? I am unhappy of my features." Though I am decently looking, but I am still unhappy about it. Then God showed me this.. He was sitting at His throne. He placed a box on His table in front Him, and opened it. Lights came shooting out from the box. Glorious lights, rays brighter than the sun. He was so happy, and He closed the box. Jumped around and open the box again! His workmanship was so delicate. Taking His time to craft every detail of us. That instant, I saw myself shinning with His glory. That is how He created us. Each and everyone of us. The next time you look in the mirror, dont be afraid of what you see. That wonderful reflection that you see, is priceless. No one could ever replace you. He declares that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. I pray that every girl or guy out there learns to embrace themselves, and stop comparing themselves to the 'standards". I pray that You will help them to overcome all the imperfections of themselves, because in Your love, we are made whole. I am thankful that we are a child of Yours Lord, that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. In Jesus name i pray, Amen.
In His love, Amanda

2 comments:

J-son said...

This has to be God's timing! I was going to share on a topic called Love and Acceptance at cell tonight. These are going to be some more points to be shared. :)

Amanda said...

thanks Jason! :D just remember to credit me :p haha but truly honored!