Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dont be afraid

Often, it is easier said than done. But it takes courage, and trust to lift up that foot and stepping into the unknown.

You ask me how? when my heart is covered with nothing but fear? I totally can relate with that. Trust me I do. I still do... The fear of the unknown. What is going to happen in 5 years time? Where would i be?

I am personally a planner. I love to plan, to know. to be secure. But,

A man can plan, but the Lord establish his steps. - Proverbs 19:21

Let me share with you something, I was totally planning this 5 year relationship thing with my former boyfriend. But turns out that, God has bigger plans. We broke up... and I realised something. We plan so much is because we want to know the future. Know what is going to happen, in some sense, establishing your own security. But instead, God wants us to make Him our security.

Dont get me wrong, it is awesome to make plans, we dont wanna be disorganise as well, isnt it? But i guess, for me, speaking from a personal experience, God wants us to consult Him, first. He wants us to let Him take the wheel. On the side note, which reminds me of the song- Jesus take the wheel, haha.

I guess it is also a sense of fully surrendering, and trusting Him that- all things will turn out for our good.

Be brave, place that foot out. And trust that God did not make you to fail. Regardless, they might be some small bumps on the road, but He is there to guide you to your destination. He did not design you to fail. But to lift you up.

Love, Amanda




No comments: